Friday, May 24, 2013
Start each day like it's your birthday
It's my birthday today and it started just right with my boyfriend bringing me breakfast in bed.
But imagine for a second it's your birthday too... What are the things you would want to accomplish and do before your birthday next year? I'm talking about these things that will make you frustrated or sad if you haven't done them. Go ahead. Make a list. If you need some inspiration, here's mine:
1) Finish my new novel "Frances"
2) Publish my new novel
3) Turn my new book into a bestseller. That will be a tricky one because it's difficult to control, so I will really need your help with this ;-)
4) Attend the Cannes film festival
5) Go to at least one other film festival abroad
6) Go to at least three other film festivals in Belgium
7) Make that Christmas recipe with red berries and champagne I'm planning on making since two years
8) Go to a Halloween event
9) Visit the zoo of Antwerp
10) Celebrate New Year's Eve abroad, at the seaside or in the Ardennes
11) Improve my writing a great deal
12) Make my blog as good as it can possibly get (tips anyone?)
13) Tackle some health issues
14) Visit at least three creepy places (urbex or other)
15) Write and read at a seafront café
Most of the time, I don't even accomplish half of my goals, not even the easy ones. Blame it on bad planning, unexpected events and being unrealistic. A year seems long at the start, but then we're suddenly halfway and there's not enough time left. Sounds familiar to you?
So let's make sure this year will be different.
Now that your list is finished too, I want you to share it here. Don't be shy. From now on, every 24th of the
month, I'd like you to come back to this page and ponder what you have accomplished and what you want to realize in the coming month. Do some of the small things first; that will keep you positive. Plan ahead and make sure you can wipe as many things off your list as possible. Same time next year, we'll talk again to check where we are. Does that sound like a deal? You'll be able to follow my evolution on this blog.
Let's make this a year without regrets :)